Ok, so your bringing home a new pup. Below is a list of the essentials, and the optional when it comes to puppy supplies.
- Food bowl (puppy and adult size bowls)
- Water bowl (puppy and adult size bowls)
- Dog tags (get extras just in case your pup breaks the collar and looses the tag.
- Collar (puppy and adult)
- Toys (hard and soft)
- Urine Cleaning Product for carpet, and any other surfaces in your house.
- Puppy food, a small bag of food the breeder/shelter feeds, and a big bag of what you want to feed your pup. Check out Switching dog foods for tips to switch. – Once I found the food I liked I found it on amazon.com and with my Prime membership I save a few bucks every month, and it is sent straight to my door and it sends it automatically. =)
- Training Treats
- Grooming supplies, Brush, Tooth brush, nail clippers, shampoo. – my favorite brush is the sleekez, Check out this post for info about it. Hair, hair, and more hair
- Crate – I feel like a crate is essential but not everyone like to use them.
- Crate liner
- puppy pee pee pads – I hate potty pads Puppy Training Pads
- Essential oils for Anxiety
- Cloths or outfits
- Potty cleaning up supplies – rake, shovel, pooper scooper, etc.
- Food storage container
- Training Collar – Check out my post on Training Collars for more info.
You also need to find the vet you are going to use, and you should know where there is an emergency vet for the just in case. You also need to have plans, how you are going to potty train, where do you want your dog going to the bathroom?, are you going to clean up the dog potty. Check out Bringing home a new pup for more information.
I have added an Amazon link for most products because I love shopping on amazon. I can shop in my pj’s and it is all delivered to my door in just a few short days. Obviously there are several other places you can buy this stuff. I also get a very small kickback from amazon when yall order from these links. This money I get back I use to buy more dog products, and write my honest opinion about these products on a post for all of you.
I hope you all enjoyed the post today and if you have any questions feel free to email me anytime. firstname.lastname@example.org